DR. JO MALONEY
CLIMATE LINKUP CO-FOUNDER
CLIMATE LINKUP CEO
- PhD in Marine Pollution, with a 30-year global career in environmental climate work.
- European Commission postdoctoral Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow and Royal Society of London Fellow.
- Leading roles in science, policy, management, governance and academia - with associated global networks.
- Lifelong experience working on environmental pollution and climate in the Nordics, UK and Oceania.
- Recent published UK Climate Report on Environmental Resilience (March 2021):
CLIMATE LINKUP CO-FOUNDER
HEAD OF ENERGY SOLUTIONS, HYDRO REIN
- Head of Energy Solutions in Hydro REIN.
- MSc in Energy Management, following a long career managing energy and emissions through to focusing on renewable energy solutions to industry.
- IoT solutions to collect, benchmark and highlight energy and emission data.
- Lifelong experience working with energy markets in the Nordics, Europe, Brazil and US.
- Passionate about developing best practice and innovation in energy reduction, solar, wind and energy storage projects.
Climate LinkUP started from a conversation in early 2021, between British and Norwegian colleagues who met many years ago at university.
Both with 30 year global careers and worldwide professional networks, but with different complementary areas of climate expertise (Environment and Renewable Energy), we discussed the barriers slowing down the speed of global climate action delivery and the inequalities we witness between nations. It was apparent that we shared the same view – climate targets across the globe can only be achieved equitably through genuine and active collaboration between all stakeholders: scientists, industry experts, sustainable policy-makers and local communities across climate sectors and countries.
We were in agreement that the urgency of the interconnected Climate and Nature Emergencies now required personal bold, committed and decisive action. Climate LinkUP was born – to help accelerate the speed of climate and nature action delivery globally, by bringing together critical skills, knowledge and financial investment from different sectors and geographical regions.
Since the global climate and nature crises are fundamentally interconnected with common shared human drivers, our complementary backgrounds in Environment and Renewable Energy reinforced our view that an integrated and coupled approach to solutions is now required. Neither will be successfully resolved unless both are tackled together.
Why the unique Climate LinkUP mission, approach and global multi-stakeholder climate platform©?
In March 2021, Dr. Jo Maloney authored a UK National Climate Evidence Report - Published in the British Library, National Library of Wales, Welsh Government Library, Scottish Natural Heritage Library and Natural England Library
Montel Group partnership with Climate LinkUP
As the Montel Group proudly announce our latest partnership with Climate LinkUP, we sat down with Co-Founders, Dr. Jo Maloney and Nicholas Martin to understand more about who they are, why Climate LinkUP has been established and what the business aims to achieve in pursuit of net-zero.
With confidence we embrace life’s experiences, moving forward with people and opportunities to achieve our goals.
Curiosity fuels creativity, which in turn drives innovation. Our inquisitive minds have the freedom to explore and play.
With courage, we boldly seize opportunities and work innovatively together to accelerate positive change.